INGLESIDE, Texas — Ingleside authorities are encouraging parents to talk with their children about who they are in communication with.
On Monday, the Ingleside Police Department took to Facebook to tell the community that 20-year-old Logan Covert and 22-year-old Albert Lara have been charged with sexual assault of a child. They are currently in San Patricio County Jail with a $250,000 bond.
The two men were suspected to have been meeting and befriending unsuspecting victims, both male and female, ages 10-14, at the N.O. Simmons Skate Park in Ingleside, Texas. According to the Facebook post, the men would lure minors to an Ingleside residence and provide them with illegal substances. They would then "engage in sexual acts with the child."
Detectives are still investigating and are seeking additional information, including the identity of any other potential victims.
Anyone with information pertaining to this investigation are encouraged to call the Ingleside Police Department at 361-776-2531.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Texas high school coaching legend Phil Danaher retires as all-time wins leader
- Texas mass shooting leaves 1 dead, 13 injured in Harris County
- First responders battle structure fire in Robstown
- 351 arrested, including 92 gang members, in large-scale Gulf Coast law enforcement operation
- 'We don't have any clues whatsoever': Search continues for missing 10-year-old girl in Bee County