CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A Corpus Christi firefighter was arrested and placed on administrative leave Thursday evening after turning himself in to police.
That firefighter, identified by Corpus Christi City Manager Peter Zanoni as Rey Rabagos, now faces charges of indecency with a child.
According to case documents given to 3News the victim in this case is just 15-years-old. CCFD Chief Robert Rocha said the arrest happened after an investigation by child protective services.
3News was just notified around 6:30 p.m. that Rabagos has been bonded out of jail
Officials said Rabagos' arrest was the result of an investigation that was conducted by Child Protective Services, and the Corpus Christi Police Department is also part of this ongoing investigation.
Officials said the alleged incident reportedly did not take place while Rabagos was on duty as a firefighter.
CPS has turned the case over to the Corpus Christi Police Department.
3News was at CCPD headquarters downtown Thursday evening as Rabagos and his attorney arrived so Rabagos could turn himself in. He was then taken to the City Detention Center in handcuffs as he waits to be booked into the Nueces County Jail.
This investigation is ongoing. 3News will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Health district split delayed, County Commissioners agree to 30 day extension
- Beeville resident brings the heat after competing on 'Forged in Fire' reality show
- Testing wastewater for COVID-19 can be an effective early detection tool, but Corpus Christi isn't doing it
- "We are not doing well": As COVID-19 cases surge, local blood donations have significantly dropped
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.