CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A man has been arrested on murder charges after a man was found dead on Williams Dr. Monday morning.
Officers were called to the scene on the 5800 block of Williams Dr. around 6 a.m. Monday morning where they found a 46-year-old man dead, according to officials with the Corpus Christi Police Department.
The Nueces County Medical Examiner identified the victim as Gabriel Rodriguez, 46. He died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Investigators followed up on loads and were able to identify Roman Vargas, 31, as a possible suspect. Vargas was known to have warrants for probation violations, unlawful carrying of a firearm by a felon and possession of a controlled substance, officials said.
Officers tracked Vargas down to the 5100 block of I-37 later in the afternoon Monday and Vargas was taken into custody without incident, police said. He was taken to the main police station to be interviewed and was then taken to the City Detention Center for processing. He has been charged with murder and bond has been set at $1 million.
The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information about this murder, please call Corpus Christi Police Robbery & Homicide Detectives at (361) 886-2840. Anyone who would like to keep their identity secret and still provide information to Detectives should call Crime Stoppers at 888-TIPS (8477) or submit the tip online by clicking here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- 'Disrupted a major drug distribution operation': Two arrested after guns, drugs seized from home on south side, police say
- Toddler gets food poisoning from expired formula parent says Walmart sold her
- Las Vegas, Denver, Orlando routes a possibility for CCIA
- Civil rights complaint filed against city for proposed desalination plant
- Early voting for 2022 kicks off, and registered voters have a lot of options
- Inmates are allowed to and still want to vote despite being in jail, sheriff says
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email email@example.com, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.