CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A wanted gang member listed as a 'Texas Top Ten Fugitive' is now behind bars after being caught by US Marshals in Corpus Christi.
37-year old Jaime Alanis was arrested at an apartment on McArdle near SPID on Tuesday.
According to officials with the US Marshals Gulf Coast Chapter, they had to break down the door to the apartment where they found him hiding inside.
Alanis has been on the run since last year. He's wanted out of Harris County for robbery charges and violating parole.
Alanis remains in the city detention center without bond and he'll be extradited to Harris County later this week.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Make-A-Wish, Chick-Fil-A team up to grant wishes to a kid from Corpus Christi
- National Selena Day: Celebrating the Queen of Tejano on what would have been her 50th birthday
- US has been wracked with several mass shootings in 2021
- Joe Gazin announces he will retire from KIII-TV at the end of May
- Upcoming COVID-19 vaccine clinics in the Coastal Bend. Here's what you need to know.