ALICE, Texas — In Alice, law enforcement is investigating a stand off that ended with the death of a woman. Her husband is behind bars for allegedly pulling the trigger.
According to our partners at the Alice-Echo News, police were called to an apartment complex on Olmito Street near Highway 44 in Alice just after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
At the scene, police found Angelica Harris in her bedroom with a gunshot wound to the head.
Harris' husband, Howard Harris, was arrested down the street after a standoff with law enforcement.
He was booked into the Jim Wells County jail on suspicion of murder. His bond has been set at $500,000.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.