SAN PATRICIO, Texas — Editor's note: Previously, the story noted the shooting happened in Sinton, but it took place in Gregory, TX.
A police chase that started in Sinton went through Taft and ended up in Gregory Monday evening.
According to the San Patricio Sheriff's Office, the suspect has now been identified as 30-year-old Eddie Tamez. Tamez was driving the vehicle and running from police after police attempted to stop him in Sinton around 6 p.m. Monday.
Police would then spike his vehicle's tires before Gregory. That's where gunfire opened on Ayers Street and a patrol car's windshield was hit by a bullet from Tamez.
Officers would return fire and the Tamez was struck before being arrested. Sheriff Oscar River with San Pat said several weapons were found inside the vehicle.
Also inside the vehicle was the Tamez' 15-year-old daughter who ran away from the scene when gunfire opened up. She is said to be OK.
He was transported to the hospital with unknown injuries.
Officer-involved shooting in Gregory sends a man to the hospital after a police chase
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Make-A-Wish, Chick-Fil-A team up to grant wishes to a kid from Corpus Christi
- National Selena Day: Celebrating the Queen of Tejano on what would have been her 50th birthday
- US has been wracked with several mass shootings in 2021
- Joe Gazin announces he will retire from KIII-TV at the end of May
- Upcoming COVID-19 vaccine clinics in the Coastal Bend. Here's what you need to know.