CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A man is dead after a shooting inside a Corpus Christi gas station, officials with the Corpus Christi Police Department said.
Officers arrived at the Stripes on Staples and Yorktown around 5:40 a.m. and found a man dead inside the store, according to Lt. Michael Pena with CCPD. Pena said an argument between two patrons escalated, leading to the gunfire.
The victim was identified Tuesday by the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office as 53-year-old Sergio Del Alto.
No one else was injured in the shooting, officials said.
As for the suspected shooter, 27-year-old Anthony Whetstone was arrested around 12:50 p.m. at Everhart Road and SPID. He was taken into custody without incident.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Robstown receives grant from T-Mobile for the town's first concrete walking trail
- CCPD discusses effort to combat illegal payouts at area game rooms following latest raid
- Texas loses high court case over prayer during executions
- Border Patrol: Drug smugglers float SUV full of marijuana across Rio Grande
- Celebrating a Tejano music legend, 'Selena' returns to theaters for quarter-century anniversary
- Woman arrested after giving her newborn to stranger on the street, Corpus Christi police say
- Spring Break shooting injures three on Corpus Christi beach
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.