SINTON, Texas — A shooting in Sinton sent a 51-year-old woman to the hospital on Thursday.
According to the San Patricio County Sheriff's Office, the woman was shot multiple times near Tooter Newlin Drive and East Sinton Street, behind the El Rey apartments in Sinton.
San Patricio County Sheriff Oscar Rivera said 80-year-old Roger Moore was arrested moments after the shooting. Deputies were already awaiting Moore at his home, north of Sinton, near St. Paul.
Rivera said Moore told law enforcement that he and the woman were together, that "he loved her."
The woman was transported to an area hospital via HALO-Flight. Her injuries are unknown at this time.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Mother, child missing since Tuesday found safe with no injuries; two people arrested for kidnapping, police say
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.