CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentor Program helps to connect young students with positive role models. It's a community effort to help kids realize their potential and build their futures.
This week we spoke with Kristy Urbick about her experience in the program. Her little? Well, Chance and Kristy paired up when he was just thirteen. But that was five years ago, and Chance is all grown up now!
Even though Chance has aged out of the program, their friendship has held fast. Kristy was there to see him graduate, and even spent Christmas with him and his family this past year.
Through sports, movies, and life achievements, the two have formed an unbreakable bond.
If you're interested in the program, here's how you can apply:
- Visit www.bigmentor.org, and click 'Become A Big'
- Complete an application
- Sign up for an orientation
- Sign up for training
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- World record lightning went from Mississippi to Corpus Christi
- Petronila Pete did not see his shadow meaning an early spring for the Coastal Bend
- 60-year-old woman fends off would-be carjacker in parking lot of Corpus Christi post office
- Six Points intersection receives new colorful crosswalk
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.