CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District officials report six COVID-19 related deaths.
"Twelve of the thirteen patients were 9 males and 3 females with ages ranging in their 30s, 40s (2), 50s, 70s (5) and 80s (3). The other patient was a male whose age is unknown. The comorbidities of the patients included hypertension, cancer, diabetes, and obstructive pulmonary disease. Our condolences go out to their families and friends," said city health officials.
Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
All Nueces County residents must make every effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Here are Public Health strategies we should all be following:
● Stay at home.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.
- More from 3News on KIIITV.com: