CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As the coronavirus continues to spread, the state of Texas has expanded the availability of testing.
With more testing sites becoming flooded with patients, the Texas Department of State Health has introduced a new website. The website is called the COVID-19 Self-Checker. The website allows users to answer a series of questions to see if they have any risks of being exposed to the coronavirus.
It asks questions like, have you worked outside the home or been exposed to someone possibly infected with COVID-19.
If you answer yes to any of the questions the website gives you a list of recommendations to help prevent further exposure to the virus and the number you can call to get tested.
Here is the latest list of COVID-19 testing centers across the Coastal Bend region:
- Amistad Community Health Center: 1533 S. Brownlee Blvd. Corpus Christi, Texas 78404. Residents can be tested for COVID-19 Monday through Friday. Residents must make an appointment first by calling 361-884-2242.
- Sinton Community Center: COVID-19 mobile test collection site located at, 1301 E. Sinton Street. Testing on Tuesday and Wednesday on July 14-15. ((Testing Hours/Registration Information Coming Soon)
- Kiva Hut: Located at 401 Park Street in Taft, Texas. Testing on July 16 (Testing Hours/Registration Information Coming Soon)
- Austwell-Tivoli High School: Test Collection Service Type: Walk-Up Address: 207 Redfish Street, Tivoli, TX. Site Open: 7/12/2020, 9:00 AM. Site Close: 7/12/2020, 1:00 PM. To Register for test collection at a Mobile Test Collection Site: Click Here
- Jim Wells County Park: Located in Premont, TX Date: Monday, July 20, 2020. Time: 9:00 AM. Testing will be drive-thru testing. Please remember to wear your mask. Testing is free and ID is required. For more information or questions call our offices at 361-348-3213 or 361-333-5376 Ext. 1
- Ben Bolt High School: Date: Saturday, July 25, 2020 Time: 9:00 AM Please remember to wear your mask. Testing is free and ID is required. For more information or questions call our offices at 361-348-3213 or 361-333-5376 Ext. 1
- Physicians Premier ER: Residents can go to any Physicians Premier ER location. Testing is taking place daily. Residents must call and make an appointment in order to get tested.
- Promptu Urgent Care: Testing will be taking place daily at all locations. Residents must make an appointment in order to be tested.
- CVS added two testing locations here in the Coastal Bend starting Friday, June 26. Residents must register before going.
- CVS Pharmacy, 4166 South Staples Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78411
- CVS Pharmacy, 7798 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
- Coastal Bend Wellness Center, located at 2882 Holly Road in Corpus Christi, Texas. The Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation is offering COVID-19 testing. Please call (361) 356-9572 for more information and to schedule an appointment. All tests are done by appointment only and no walk-ins are available. **UPDATE: Due to the rise in COVID-19 testing requests, the Coastal Bend Wellness Center wants the public to know they are already booked to capacity until July 15, 2020. Officials say if you have already scheduled and confirmed your appointment, your assigned testing time is still valid. You may contact their COVID hotline at (361) 356-9572 for questions or concerns. You may use the link below to find other COVID-19 testing sites that may be able to see you sooner. https://txdps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html…
- STATCARE Urgent Center, located at 4042 River Hill Dr in Corpus Christi, TX
- Kelly's Pharmacy, located at 520 Everhart Rd. in Corpus Christi, Texas (Testing for antibodies, test cost is $90)
- Quest Diagnostics - Calallen, located at 14101 Northwest Blvd Ste #113 in Corpus Christi, Texas (Testing for antibodies)
- Any Lab Test Now, located at 5417 Everhart Rd located in Corpus Christi, Texas. For more information, please visit their website or call 361-400-0707 for an appointment. Monday through 8:00-5:00 p.m. S- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Quest Diagnostics - Saratoga, located at 5920 Saratoga Blvd in Corpus Christi, Texas. Call (361) 906-2657 for more information. (Testing for antibodies)
- Quest Diagnostics - South Saratoga, located 6113 Saratoga Blvd Ste. E located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Operational Hours: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-through testing. (Testing for antibodies)
- Two locations: Parkdale Plaza 4117 S. Staples St. #140, Corpus Christi, 78411. For more information, you can call (361) 855-1121.
- Padre Island 14433 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, 78418. For more information, you can call (361) 949-1900.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: