CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and CCISD plans to celebrate by helping the Coastal Bend find a little HOPE.
Corpus Christi Independent School District is hosting the HOPE (Helping Others Through Prevention and Education) Mental Health Symposium from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 18, 2023 at Mary Carroll High School.
This is a free event open for the public to enjoy community vendors and student performances.
Breakout sessions will be available for students and parents to learn how to build and develop healthy coping skills, self-care, and mental health first aid techniques.
For more information about this event, call 361-878-2680 or visit the school district website by clicking here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- No motive, leads after two men found shot to death in SUV near Aransas Pass, police say
- Your 2023 guide to Buc Days
- Peoples Restaurant & Lounge closes its doors after 20 years
- Corpus Christi man kills parking attendant scammer, returns to date, police say
- President Joe Biden commutes Corpus Christi woman's drug sentence
- New technology helps police find, arrest man considered a 'public threat'
- Padre Island residents want reasoning for high appraisal values
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.