CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A Coastal Bend organization aimed at helping immigrants received a $120,000 grant Tuesday to assist in their cause.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas provided the generous grant monies to the group Justice for All Immigrants. The funds will help with a few different services for immigrants and the community including:
- Educating the community about the immigration process and laws, and their roles in that system.
- Holding legal clinics open to the community.
- Providing training to Methodist Healthcare Ministries' staff members and their partners.
- Providing individualized legal assistance in the referrals from Methodist Healthcare Ministries' staff.
- Providing direct legal representation for all JFAI clients.
President and CEO of Methodist Healthcare Ministries, Jamie Wesolowski, said in a news release that, "by ensuring our immigrant neighbors have the legal information and access to quality legal services, we are helping them to advance and thrive in the communities we serve."
Justice for All Immigrants began in 2014 as Houston/East Texas Justice for Our Neighbors, which was originally called Justice for Our Neighbors Houston. The name was changed to Justice for All Immigrants in 2021 to better represent their work across Texas.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Aransas Pass Police kill man after kidnapping, car chase, shootout
- Harbor Bridge developer still not commenting on TxDOT order to halt construction
- 'It's incredible': Family of Selena talks new music from the Queen of Tejano on Good Morning America
- Corpus Christi family looks for answers after father of two was found dead inside burned SUV in San Antonio
- Corpus Christi LGBTQ+ community concerned stigma will grow as monkeypox virus spreads
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.