CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The city announced Tuesday the Bond 2014 Rodd Field Road Project from Saratoga Blvd. to Yorktown Blvd. has been completed.
The $17.35 million-dollar project, which began in November 2018, expanded Rodd Field Road from two to four lanes with a 30-foot center median. The project also included utility improvements, sidewalks, cycle tracks, and new traffic signals at the intersections at Yorktown Boulevard and Brooke Road.
To give drivers time to adjust to the changes, the new traffic signals at Yorktown Blvd. and Airline Rd. (Slough Rd.) and Brooke Rd. will be in flash operation. The signals will be fully operational on Wednesday, April 28.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Make-A-Wish, Chick-Fil-A team up to grant wishes to a kid from Corpus Christi
- National Selena Day: Celebrating the Queen of Tejano on what would have been her 50th birthday
- US has been wracked with several mass shootings in 2021
- Joe Gazin announces he will retire from KIII-TV at the end of May
- Upcoming COVID-19 vaccine clinics in the Coastal Bend. Here's what you need to know.