CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A new exhibit is making its way to the South Texas Botanical Gardens, and it features 70 artsy birdhouses.
A few years ago, the gardens decorated flamingos for a while before giving that exhibit. South Texas Botanical Gardens Executive Director Michael Womack said they wanted to bring back another community art type event.
"This has been a great addition for the summer, a short term exhibit that people come out to see the flowers and see the butterflies, but they get a little something extra this "Art is for the Birds house exhibit," he said.
The birdhouses are on display now through the end of September, and just in time for Mother's Day! Moms will be given free admission on both Saturday and Sunday.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- No motive, leads after two men found shot to death in SUV near Aransas Pass, police say
- Your 2023 guide to Buc Days
- Peoples Restaurant & Lounge closes its doors after 20 years
- Corpus Christi man kills parking attendant scammer, returns to date, police say
- President Joe Biden commutes Corpus Christi woman's drug sentence
- New technology helps police find, arrest man considered a 'public threat'
- Padre Island residents want reasoning for high appraisal values
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.