ROBSTOWN, Texas — A woman was killed after being hit by a car in Robstown.
Tammy Jo Lara, 40, died at an area hospital after investigators said a white Chevy Trailblazer struck her and did not stop.
The accident happened Friday, Feb. 25 just after 8:45 p.m. on FM 1889 just north of Robstown.
Traffic investigators with the DPS said Lara was walking along the road when the driver of a Chevy hit her and did not stop to render aid. Eyewitnesses said it was an older model Chevy and reported that the vehicle was missing the right headlight. A piece of the bumper was also found at the scene.
If anyone has any information regarding the suspect vehicle and driver involved in this crash, they are urged to please contact the Corpus Christi DPS office at 361-695-5500. DPS Troopers are further investigating the fatal crash.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- 'Gender-affirming care is lifesaving': Texas mother, transgender son speak against Abbott, Paxton's gender-affirming directive
- Mother raises concerns following medical examiners office investigation, still waiting on son's final autopsy report
- Hero dog honored for alerting sleeping family about Rockport house fire
- 'Are you okay?' Mother thanks Corpus Christi Starbucks employees for looking out for daughter
- Residents urged to keep close eye on pets following increase in coyote sightings on Padre Island
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.