Officials with the Harbor Bridge Project said all southbound lanes on I37 near the Crosstown Expressway interchange will be closed overnight Thursday, June 17 from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. on Friday June 18.
Drivers headed southbound toward downtown and North Beach will be detoured onto southbound Crosstown Expressway (286) and can make a U-Turn at the Tarleton exit.
Signs will be in place to assist drivers, officials said. All work is weather permitted.
Drivers are asked to take an alternate route or use extreme caution in the area.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Illuminating the city for 10 years, Harbor Bridge lights turn off permanently
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.