CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi Firefighters took on a stove fire over at the Lexington Manor Apartments Monday afternoon.
Fire crews tell us the unattended food on the stove of an apartment on the second floor caught fire. That, in turn, melted the microwave above it and even damaged some of the cabinets.
Although no one was hurt, there was damage to the apartments.
"It could've been a lot worse. Probably the most damage is going to be water damage we had to move the people in the apartment below out because of water leaking into their apartment, shut off all their electricity," said Battalion Chief Jim DeVisser.
Apartment management is helping to find residents accommodations for the night.
Fire crews say they covered up furniture on the first-floor apartments to help keep the damage to a minimum.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle hatchlings released at Padre Island National Seashore
- Corpus Christi's 'Litter Critter' is back by popular demand
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.