CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Aransas Pass Police Department's Harbor Safety Enforcement responded to a call regarding a yacht sinking in the Port Aransas Marina.
There was a report of 15 people on board including 5 children, according to a social media post from the police department.
The captain was able to safely bring the boat into the marina before power was lost. The yacht's engine room was flooded and kept taking in water.
All passengers on board were ferried to safety at a nearby dock.
The United States Coast Guard assisted the Harbor Safety Enforcement in dewatering efforts and is awaiting a salvage company to arrive at the scene, according to the social media post.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Carjacking suspect shot by Corpus Christi officer after short chase, police say
- 'Burn them now': John Oliver wants to give Mission-Aransas Reserve $10K for their creepy beach dolls
- Christus Spohn Shoreline reopens COVID floor following increase in cases
- Nueces County has 7 of top 10 worst beaches for bacteria in Texas, report says
- Aransas Pass man dies from injuries after chasing off home intruder
- KIII joins media coalition seeking greater transparency from Uvalde city officials
- Here are the South Texas cities under drought restrictions
- Brooks County sees high case of migrant deaths as result of intense heat conditions, 48 bodies recovered so far
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.