CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — An arrest has been made in a homicide that took place earlier this week on Lawton Street.
SWAT unit officers arrested 38-year-old Jerry Griffin earlier Wednesday at a home they said he was hiding in.
According to police, Griffin is connected to the death of a 27-year-old man who police found on Lawton Street with severe trauma, and later died from his injuries.
Griffin is being held on half a million dollar bond for murder.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Man shot at P.F. Chang's in La Palmera Mall
- Violence at La Palmera Mall being investigated for ties to prior shooting, bank robbery
- Corpus Christi Health Department receives Novavax vaccine
- Classroom Challenges: An inside look at security and safety across Coastal Bend school districts
- New Harbor Bridge at risk of 'collapse' under current design, TxDOT says
- Aransas Pass Police kill man after kidnapping, car chase, shootout
- Harbor Bridge developer still not commenting on TxDOT order to halt construction
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.