CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Visiting a museum may be out of reach for several low-income families across the nation. Museums For All has stepped in to make sure everyone has access to more than 600 museums across the nation.
The Art Museum of South Texas is a part of the program, which offers free admission for those who show their EBT card.
"This reduced rate is available during all normal operating hours to up to four individuals per EBT card. With a year-round open door policy, Museums for All invites low-income visitors to feel welcome at cultural institutions," the organization said.
To learn more about the Art Museum of South Texas, visit their website here.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi PD: Officer shoots man during struggle after alleged catalytic converter theft attempt
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- No fireworks allowed, but you might see some light shows courtesy of bioluminescence at Padre Island National Seashore
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.