CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — It was a party down at the Art Museum of South Texas on Thursday night for the "Artrageous Heels and Wheels" event.
It was a Rock n' Rollin celebration of the fast, the fierce and the fashion. The event was a car, fashion and drag show all rolled into one, as well as a concert with headliner Jackie Venson.
The work of 2020 Texas fashion designer Nick Perez made jaws drop along the runway. Community members got to come out, dress up and most importantly, continue to support the Art Museum.
"We are so happy to be back here and to have our patrons and our the community come out again, and for us to be able to present the exhibitions and the programs that we do annually and to see our friends it just feels so good," Sara Morgan, the director of the AMST said.
This is the museum's annual summer party. It came back after being put on hold last year.
3News' very own Chief Meteorologist Alan Holt was the emcee, alongside car guru "The Bad Blonde," Caitlin Shook.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Mother, child missing since Tuesday found safe with no injuries; two people arrested for kidnapping, police say
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.