CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Editor's note: the video accompanying this story aired on June 23, prior to updates.
In an effort to keep school grounds safe for students and faculty, George West and Beeville Independent School District will be implementing a clear bag policy for their students.
The policy will begin with the 2022-2023 school year.
For George West ISD, the policy will apply to the Junior High and High School buildings and the cafeteria.
For Beeville ISD, the policy will apply to all school campuses and facilities, which include:
- A.C. Jones High School's Veterans Memorial Stadium, baseball and softball fields, gymnasium and auditorium.
- Moreno Junior High School's football field/stadium, gymnasium and auditorium.
- Hampton-Moreno-Dugat (HMD), Fadden-McKeown-Chambliss (FMC), and R.A. Hall (RAH) gymnasium, cafeteria/auditorium and playgrounds.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Refugio County issues ban on aerial fireworks
- Brooks County sees high case of migrant deaths as result of intense heat conditions, 48 bodies recovered so far
- 14 migrants rescued from train car near Robstown, officials say
- Environmental concerns addressed over Bob Hall Pier demolition during sea turtle nesting season
- COVID-19 vaccinations now available for kids as young as 6 months. Here's what parents need to know
- DA's motion to withdraw execution date for John Henry Ramirez denied
- Will electric vehicles cause strain on the Texas power grid? Transportation experts say no
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.