CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A bicyclist was killed Saturday, Jan. 8 after being hit by a car that did not stop to render aid, officials with the Corpus Christi Police Department said.
Bobby Crossland, 50, was biking down the IH 37 access road near Navigation Blvd. when a passing car hit him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Crossland's body was discovered by a passing car possibly over an hour after the accident occurred, officials said. Emergency crews arrived on-scene around 12:06 a.m. Saturday, but the death probably occurred earlier that night.
Corpus Christi PD investigators are following a lead and trying to get video from the area where the accident happened, but have no description of a suspect vehicle at this time.
If you have any information on this accident, call the CCPD non-emergency number at 361-886-2600.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Nueces County Junior Livestock Show crowns new queen
- New gun laws set to place tighter regulations on how firearms are stored
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Images obtained from Woodsboro hate crime video give details into what happened
- CCISD reports low attendance rates, COVID-19 to blame
- 3 cases COVID-19 omicron variant confirmed in Nueces County
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.