CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Two of many special fathers at Brookdale Senior Living Center spoke with 3NEWS about Father's Day, Sunday, and shared what the holiday means to them.
Brookdale Director of Maintenance Dennis Springs said, "My goal in life was to make sure my children became very educated, and I got very lucky and succeeded. They all have good jobs and I'm very, very proud of them."
For Daniel McKeehan, his fatherly advice is for families to deepen their bonds through friendship. "I hope they will understand, and the other fathers listening to this, that it's better to be seeing your parents as your best friends, which lasts all life long."
There is certainly some wisdom behind those words.
3NEWS wishes Dennis Springs, Daniel McKeehan, and all of the wonderful dads out there a Happy Father's Day!
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Nueces Co. Public Defender's Office to open next year
- Attorney says motions to dismiss Tejeda murder case will be filed
- First 2022 sea turtle hatchling release scheduled for Saturday on Padre Island National Seashore
- Will electric vehicles cause strain on the Texas power grid? Transportation experts say no
- Nonprofit helps serve the community amidst tampon shortages
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.