CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Corpus Christi Independent School District held their 'Caring Corner" event on Wednesday for all students, family and staff.
The event allows the district to pick out free items they may need such as clothes, hygiene items, shoes and more.
All the items collected were part of a huge community effort. Plato's Closet and schools around the Coastal Bend have held clothing drives to make the event possible.
Officials with CCISD said they know how crucial it is for students to return to school with peace of mind and confidence to take on the new year.
"We understand here if basic needs aren't met a student cant be successful in the classroom," said Maria Lyescas, mental health specialist with CCISD.
If residents didn't make it to the event on Wednesday, they will have another opportunity on Thursday. The event will take place at the Lozano Instructional Services Center on Hudson Street. Operations will go from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- CCISD students to continue receiving free breakfast, lunch for 2022-2023 academic year
- Additional funding approved for first-floor restaurant space at Bob Hall Pier, County looking into two-column design
- Healing Uvalde: South Texas artist completes Eva Mireles mural in Uvalde
- Perfect Addition: Octavian is full of love and is looking for a forever home
- TxDOT says they have concerns regarding 'overall design' of the new Harbor Bridge Project
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.