CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A 17-year-old is in the hospital this morning after being shot at a west side park, officials said.
The sound of gunfire was captured on home surveillance video from the area of Sherman and Hudson Streets, near Garrett Park. A car can then be seen on the video speeding away from the scene.
Officers with the Corpus Christi Police Department responded to a home near Garrett Park Wednesday just before 5 p.m. They were told the victim took himself to a local hospital.
The shooter has been identified, according to CCPD, but no arrests have been made. Officials confirm this was not a random shooting and the suspect and victim knew each other.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3NEWS for updates.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- A Corpus Christi Christmas: Harbor Lights Festival canceled; tree lighting and Illuminated Boat Parade dates set
- Port of Corpus Christi celebrates 100 years of service
- Yorktown, Ocean Dr. bridges over Oso Bay to be replaced
- Corpus Christi councilman wants faster fix for wrong-way driver accidents
- Weekly weight-loss injection: Does it work and is it safe? The Doctor is In.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.