CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — We are in the thick of graduation season, and that means Downtown -- specifically the American Bank Center -- is flooded with pomp and circumstance, and ceremonies alike.
However, with the construction and the possibility of accidents, CCPD has some advice for those looking to get to those graduations with ease.
First and foremost, said CCPD Public Information Lt. Michael Peña said, leave early and give yourself plenty of time to get there safely without rushing.
He also said to expect delays due to the volume of families and relatives who are also attending.
He also had some pointers when it comes to which route you should take.
"If you’re coming from Calallen, Annaville area, use the Port exit,” he said. “That will dump you out right at ABC. If you’re coming from South Side, I suggest exiting Agnes go to Shoreline, travel along Ocean to ABC so you don’t run into problems at the construction of the new bridge."
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Sean Strawbridge resigns as Port of Corpus Christi CEO
- Valero officials: No 'offsite concerns' nor injuries reported during refinery fire
- Anglers reel in massive 14-foot shark on Padre Island
- Trestle Trail, if approved, will connect the city's Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve, Flour Bluff
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email email@example.com so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.