CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi police shut down all southbound lanes of Staples Tuesday night after a major vehicle accident at the intersection of South Staples St. and Holly Rd., according to a social media post from CCPD.
The crash involved a motorcycle and a passenger car, officials said. The motorcycle is reported to be the at-fault driver, according to officials with the CCPD.
Speed is believed to be a factor, police said, and the motorcyclist was rushed to the hospital with critical injuries.
No other information was given about the crash.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Why are there so many dragonflies all of a sudden?
- New Carroll High School missing school zones along Saratoga Boulevard
- 'Bad decision': Corpus Christi attorney arrested for human smuggling says he gave ride to hitchhikers
- CCISD works to control increase of fire ants being seen, felt on school grounds because of recent rain
- 'We must restore public confidence' | Safety, transparency among concerns from area leaders on Harbor Bridge Project
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.