CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As heat conditions continue to rise, area cities have already begun to implement counter measures.
The City of Alice has begun Stage 1 of their Drought Contingency Plan.
The goal of Stage 1 is to achieve a voluntary 10% reduction in total water use and daily water demand, according to a press release from the City of Alice.
Residents and area businesses are asked to practice the following.
- Voluntarily limit irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. as well as 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on designated watering days:
- Sundays & Thursdays for those whose street addresses end in an even number (0,2,4,6,8)
- Saturdays & Wednesdays for those whose street addresses end in an odd number (1,3,5,7,9)
2. Water customers requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water uses for non-essential purposes.
For more information regarding the contingency plan and how to conserve water, click here.
A PDF version of the plan can be viewed below.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- CCISD looking to introduce new gun detecting technology into schools
- 'You're going to be held accountable': Two arrested for posting threat toward Aransas County schools
- Family waits months to receive death certificate from NuCo Medical Examiner's Office
- 'Incredibly emotional': Corpus Christi father, daughter funeral service workers on front lines in Uvalde
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
- Coastal Bend Pride Center continues to grow their efforts and resources
- Uvalde victim had her heart set on attending Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. They're now setting up a scholarship in her name.
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.