CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — On Saturday, the USPS Rio Grande District hosted a passport fair at the HP Garcia Post Office on 809 Nueces Bay Blvd.
The fair allows people to apply for passports outside of regular business hours and without an appointment.
In order to apply for a passport you need to:
▪ Bring proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state, naturalization certificate (a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable), consular report of birth abroad, certificate of citizenship or a previous U.S. passport.
▪ Each applicant must bring a clear photocopy of their proof of American citizenship that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance. If the document is two sided, then a photocopy of the front and back of the document must be provided.
▪ Bring proof of identity. This must be either a previous U.S. passport or passport card, certificate of naturalization with identifiable photo attached, certificate of citizenship with identifiable photo attached, valid driver's license (not temporary or learner's permit), official U.S. military or military dependent identification card, government employee identification card (federal, state, municipal, county) or current valid foreign passport.
▪ Each applicant must bring a clear photocopy of their proof of identity that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance. If the document is two sided, then a photocopy of the front and back of the document must be provided.
▪ The passport application requires recent color passport photograph of you (2" x 2" in size), which the Post Office Passport Office can provide for $15.
▪ To save time, customers may download a passport application at www.usps.com/passport to complete beforehand.
▪ All applicants must appear in person (including minors).
▪ Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: