CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Small Business Saturday is a day aimed at supporting small businesses, and a lot of small businesses came together downtown Saturday afternoon for the ‘Loca for Local’ market.
The event started first with six vendors and has quickly grown. Despite the cold and a little bit of rain, the event was full of people supporting lots of local businesses.
"We wanted to create a safe space for vendors that are strictly online or just doing pop up markets,” Elena Flores, organizer of the event, said.
“We wanted to invite other vendors that are locally or also from different parts of the U.S. to come sell their products that they make and have this exclusive market in Corpus Christi.”
Flores said the event has continued to grow in popularity and they're going to continue keeping this event a tradition here in Corpus Christi.
The video below is from a story done earlier this week.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Finally Friday: Your weekend event guide for the Coastal Bend
- TRAFFIC: JFK Causeway Bridge lane closures start Monday
- 'Selena was given blood,' father says, addressing false allegations he prevented life-saving help
- Gov. Abbott files for re-election, joins 3News live
- Abraham's Journey, Part 2: Quintanilla discusses family's rise to fame, life after Selena's passing
- Caught on Camera: Thieves target Fireworks shop in Calallen
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.