CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Two people were killed in an car accident near Port Aransas over the weekend, according to officials from the Corpus Christi Police Department.
On Aug. 13, around 11:56 p.m. officers were called to the 7500 block of Highway 361 for a major vehicle accident.
24-year-old Dylan Holland, the driver of a Dodge Ram pickup truck, was traveling south of HW 361 towards Corpus Christi, according to Corpus Christi police. The truck collided with a Lexus sedan traveling north toward Port Aransas.
The accident resulted in the deaths of both 44-year-old Juan and 42-year-old Angela Segundo, according to police. Holland was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Through investigation, police believe alcohol played a contributing factor to the crash. Holland was arrested and charged with two counts of intoxication manslaughter.
He was transported to the City Detention Center for processing and later transferred to Nueces County, according to police.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Experts say recent rainfall will cause dangerous flooding along Nueces River from Tilden to Lake Corpus Christi
- 'We must restore public confidence' | Safety, transparency among concerns from area leaders on Harbor Bridge Project
- CCISD gets a 'B' in Texas Education Agency's 2022 accountability ratings
- Clogged storm drains resulted in flooding on Airline Road Sunday, City officials say
- Students, driver rescued from bus in Alice
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.