CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The man wanted for the Corpus Christi murder of Nosbel Galvez Rondon was arrested by U.S. Marshals in Florida, officials said.
Rondon was shot and killed on April 9 at La K-Tri-Na Nightclub on S. Padre Island Drive. Authorities with the Corpus Christi Police Department charged Emmanuel Vergara-Cavedo, aka "Lips,” with murder.
U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force was asked to help find Vergara-Cavedo.
On Wednesday, June 15, Vergara-Cavedo was arrested by U.S. Marshals at a trailer park in Miami-Dade County, officials said in a news release.
Vergara-Cavedo is currently in custody awaiting extradition back to Texas.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Will electric vehicles cause strain on the Texas power grid? Transportation experts say no
- Nonprofit helps serve the community amidst tampon shortages
- Mary Carroll High School alumni say goodbye to the old campus, "Once a Tiger, always a Tiger"
- Family waits months to receive death certificate from NuCo Medical Examiner's Office
- 'Incredibly emotional': Corpus Christi father, daughter funeral service workers on front lines in Uvalde
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
- Coastal Bend Pride Center continues to grow their efforts and resources
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.