CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A cultural exchange between the City of Corpus Christi and Agen, France will take place later this month. This exchange is part of The Sister Cities program.
Del Mar College Professor of Music, Dr. David Sutanto, and Professor of Piano, Dr. Shao-Shan Chen, will be performing in Agen, France on Thursday, May 26.
“It’s absolutely exciting and as I’ve mentioned to several people that this opportunity is really probably once in a lifetime and we are terribly honored and humbled,” said Dr. Sutanto.
Dr. Sutanto and Dr. Shao-Shan have selected pieces written by American Composers to play in France.
“We carved out this American composer’s repertoire I’m sure it will thrill our French audience,” said Dr. Shao-Shen.
Dr. Shao-Shen adds that music is a universal language and both professors are looking forward to the experience.
Councilmember Roland Barrera and Sister City Committee Chairperson Melody Cooper will also be representing the City in Agen from May 23 to May 28.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- City of Corpus Christi ask the public to begin conserving water
- Area police departments navigate labor market shifts, retention and burnout
- Buc Days sees enhanced security, patrols as festivities begin
- Corpus Christi is the state's top Gulf Coast destination
- Dr. Timothy Fagen accepts position as chief medical examiner in Nueces County
- Poll: Most Americans want access to safe abortions
- Former jail inmate suing Nueces County, corrections officer for 2019 assault
- Here is everything you need to know if you plan on attending any Buc Days events
- Freer rattlesnake handler dies from bite at Rattlesnake Roundup