CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — From Corpus Christi to the city of Alice there are plenty of celebrations you can be part of honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Junior.
You can start your Monday by visiting the 'I Have A Dream' mural in downtown Corpus Christi. The mural was painted by Michael and Diana Vaughn in 2005. It's located at Alameda and Antelope streets off Staples.
The 36th annual MLK commemorative March from the courthouse to the Church of the Good Shepherd will begin at noon.
The Museum of Science and History is hosting an event called Remembering Icons: Martin Luther King, Jr. That is taking place from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can grab tickets online. It is free for members and those two-years and younger.
Over in Jim Wells County the Alice Black History Delegation will honor Dr. King by hosting an MLK walk. You can meet over at the county courthouse starting at one.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Family begs for justice after father is killed in hit-and-run
- Corpus Christi firefighter turns self in to police after accusations of indecency with a child
- Health district split delayed, County Commissioners agree to 30 day extension
- Beeville resident brings the heat after competing on 'Forged in Fire' reality show
- Testing wastewater for COVID-19 can be an effective early detection tool, but Corpus Christi isn't doing it
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County