CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — It was all fun in the sun Sunday for two patients from Driscoll Children's Hospital! They got to spend the afternoon at Hurricane Alley Waterpark.
The experience was made possible through a live-auction item from this year's Fiesta de los Ninos event. A Patient Play Day allows patients receiving long-term treatment at the hospital the chance to enjoy summer fun.
"I feel excited," Armando said. "It's hard being in the hospital, it's fun out here."
The hospital's mission is to "get kids back to being kids" after receiving treatment in the hospital.
The day at the park was sponsored by the Sharp family and Hurricane Alley Waterpark.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Harbor Bridge developer still not commenting on TxDOT order to halt construction
- 'It's incredible': Family of Selena talks new music from the Queen of Tejano on Good Morning America
- Corpus Christi family looks for answers after father of two was found dead inside burned SUV in San Antonio
- Corpus Christi LGBTQ+ community concerned stigma will grow as monkeypox virus spreads
- TxDOT says they have concerns regarding 'overall design' of the new Harbor Bridge Project
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.