CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A portion of the westbound S. Padre Island Dr. feeder road is closed Wednesday morning due to a waterline break, according to city officials.
The closure is from Clare Dr. to Prince Dr., between the Nile and Airline exits. All traffic is being detoured down Clare Dr.
Several Corpus Christi Water customers are affected by the break, officials said. In a press release, officials said they are working to get water turned back on.
Crews are now working to repair the waterline. Traffic is reduced to a single lane from Nile Drive to Airline Road.
City leaders ask that drivers be cautious in the area.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Conservative leader sues to remove Mark Gonzalez as Nueces County District Attorney
- TAMU-CC Family Nurse Practitioner program ranked No. 1 in the nation
- For visually impaired children, beeping eggs can help bring inclusiveness to Easter tradition
- Restoring the Ritz Theatre to its 1929 charm
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.