CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Several fire agencies responded to a fire at the Bay Club Apartments on the 9300 block of SPID early Monday morning.
Calls started coming in about flames visible from SPID in Flour Bluff at around 6:30 a.m., according to Battalion Chief Jackie Burrows with the Corpus Christi Fire Department.
Burrows said the fire began in a downstairs unit and was mostly contained to that unit. There was some smoke damage to neighboring apartments.
Thankfully, no one was injured and the fire was put out within minutes of crews arriving on scene.
There is no word at this time on what started the fire. The circumstances of the blaze are under investigation.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Beto O'Rourke missed South Texas events due to bacterial infection, he says
- Why the new health district was not first to inform the public about monkeypox
- 3NEWS team rescues kitten from engine compartment of company car
- Christus Spohn reports first case of monkeypox in our region
- New school zone on Saratoga near Carroll High School to be activated Monday
- What's the difference between a landspout and supercell tornado?
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.