CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Editor's Note: The video attached above was from Friday, June 18.
The Nueces County Office of Emergency Management announced that one person was killed after a natural gas explosion on Buddy Lawrence and I-37 at the Calpine Company Generation Plant just after 7 p.m. on Friday, June 18.
After an investigation over the weekend, the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office announced the man who was killed as a result of the explosion was 36-year-old Joe Robert Reyes.
This is a developing story. Stick with 3News for updates.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Illuminating the city for 10 years, Harbor Bridge lights turn off permanently
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.