LIVE OAK COUNTY, Texas — The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a one vehicle fatal crash that happen early Saturday morning in Live Oak County.
According to DPS, the crash took place at 2:47 a.m. eleven miles north of Three Rivers.
Investigation revealed a GMC Sierra was traveling south on IH37, failed to drive in a single lane, veered off the road and entered the grassy median.
DPS troopers say the drive struck a guardrail of a bridge and then down the embankment onto the access road of IH37. 49-year-old Bobby Coronado of Jourdanton, TX was pronounced dead at the scene and DPS troopers say he was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
- Recent survey says Corpus Christi is a 'hidden gem' for vacationing
- Artificial reefs in Rockport help improve the oyster recycling program
- Daughter of Hector P. Garcia voices concern over Senate Bill 3 which makes KKK, Civil Rights teachings non-mandatory
- Health District breaks down the 140+ COVID-19 breakthrough cases in Nueces County
- Mike Markle to return as Corpus Christi Chief of Police, mayor says