CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — It is finally Friday, and we have a weekend full of events coming up in the Coastal Bend. Click on the event name for more information.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Families can cool down Memorial Day weekend with Public Pools and Splash Pads.
Open for “Splash Memorial Weekend,” Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29, to celebrate Memorial Day and kick off summer!
Hours of operation vary by location:
- Greenwood Pool, 4305 Greenwood Drive, Open Saturday to Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- H-E-B Pool, 1520 Shely Street, Open Saturday to Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Oso Pool, 1109 Bernice Drive, Open Saturday to Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- West Guth Pool, 9705 Up River Road, Open Saturday to Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Collier Pool, 3801 Harris Drive, Open Saturday to Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Monday, May 29, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Lap Swim Only)
- Corpus Christi Natatorium, 3202 Cabaniss Parkway, Open Saturday to Monday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Lindale Park Splash Pad, 3133 Swantner Drive, Open Saturday to Monday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Bill Witt Park Splash Pad, 6869 Yorktown Boulevard, Open Saturday to Monday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Manuel Q. Salinas Park Splash Pad, 1354 Airport Road, Open Saturday to Monday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 27
Enjoy local vendors and the start of summer break while enjoying delicious food. The market will be Saturday, May 27 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at JB's German Restaurant & Bakery. The restaurant can be located on near Staples St. and Everhart Rd.
Gulf Coast Humane Society and Lazy Beach Brewing are teaming up for a Pet Paw-rade. The event will take place Saturday, May 27 at 4:00 p.m. Pet owners can show off their furry friends best looks on the runway. Entries must be submitted no later than May 25th and winners will be announced at 7PM the day of. All you have to bring is a monetary donation as an entry fee. The event will take place at 7522 Bichon Dr.
Enjoy a movie with your sweetheart at the La Retama Library. The event is Saturday, May 27 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Space is limited and reservation is required and is available for people aged 18 and older. To reserve your spot call 361-826-7000.
A night of wine, music and preserving Texas history?
Now that's what I call a true Texas toast.
The wine gets a-pouring at the Texas Maritime Museum from 2-11 p.m. in Rockport, Tx. Alongside a vast array of wines, beer and food to sample, guests can also a variety of vendors and activities throughout the festival.
Live music will also play throughout the festival, with performances by Third Coast Jazz, The Texas Continentals and nighttime headliner SPAZMATICS.
Tickets are available for purchase online at this link. General admission for underage guests is $20 and covers entry to festival grounds, while general admission for drinking age guests is $25 and includes entry, a souvenir wine glass and five drink tickets for wine tasting.
The Ben F. McDonald Public Library is hosting a 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten celebration on Saturday, June 3, at 11:15 a.m. Parents and children ages 0 to 5 are invited to visit any city public library to learn how to participate in the reading program.