CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Fire crews are being credited with saving a house from going up in flames in Flour Bluff Saturday.
The fire started in the garage of a home on Crosbill around 1:00 p.m.
The Corpus Christi Fire Department and Emergency Services District 2 were called to the scene. When they arrived, smoke and flames were coming from the garage.
Crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the house. However, the home did end up with some smoke damaged.
Firefighters say that while they do not yet know the cause there are some things for all homeowners to keep in mind.
“If you have gasoline or hazardous materials in your in your garage make sure you have proper ventilation. and if you have things plugged in in your garage that you don't need plugged in unplug those things. If those develop a problem and they go bad or faulty they can start a fire,” said Battalion Chief Robin McGill.
No one was hurt in that fire and it was spotted by some neighbors who immediately called 911.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Mother, child missing since Tuesday found safe with no injuries; two people arrested for kidnapping, police say
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.