First responders took a Flour Bluff student to the hospital today after a medical emergency at the district's natatorium.
This happened around 4 p.m. Monday.
A spokesperson for Flour Bluff ISD says the student survived that emergency at Flour Bluff Natatorium after staff acted quickly and called 911.
This was initially reported as a near drowning. The school district would not confirm that or give the current condition of the student, citing the student's privacy.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- TRAFFIC: JFK Causeway Bridge lane closures start Monday
- 'Selena was given blood,' father says, addressing false allegations he prevented life-saving help
- Gov. Abbott files for re-election, joins 3News live
- Abraham's Journey, Part 2: Quintanilla discusses family's rise to fame, life after Selena's passing
- Caught on Camera: Thieves target Fireworks shop in Calallen