HOUSTON — Houston police Sgt. Chris Brewster will be laid to rest Thursday morning, following a visitation Wednesday evening, Forest Park Lawndale Funeral Home & Forest Park Lawndale announced Monday.
The 32-year-old officer was shot and killed Saturday evening, responding to a domestic violence call in the East End on Saturday.
Arturo Solis, 25, is charged with capital murder in connection with Brewster's death.
Houston police have not confirmed the visitation and funeral service details. They said they plan to release official details Tuesday.
The services will be open to the public.
Thursday, Dec. 12
10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Grace Church Houston
14505 Gulf Fwy
Houston, TX 77034
- 'Whose side are you on?' | After murder of Houston officer, Chief Acevedo blasts senators and the NRA
- Defense attorneys say suspected cop killer has history of mental illness
- Fallen Houston police sergeant will be laid to rest Thursday
- Sgt. Chris Brewster's widow gets assistance from 100 Club
- Accused cop killer's ex-girlfriend: 'I'm not surprised'
- 'Everybody's struggling right now': HPD mourning loss of Sgt. Christopher Brewster
- It started with a 911 call | A timeline of what led to the fatal shooting of HPD Sgt. Christopher Brewster
ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM
- Third Ward residents suspend litigation against Turkey Leg Hut
- 'I made the typo' | Galveston GOP chairwoman blames racist text message on fast typing
- WEATHER TIMELINE: Houston getting ready for a cold blast this week