CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Editor's note: The above video is from a vigil held for Garcia after the shooting.
Memorial services are being held Tuesday for Daniel Garcia, the man who was shot and killed by U.S. Marshals in early October.
Visitation will be held at Trevino Funeral Home until 9 p.m., located at 3006 Niagara St.
A Holy Rosary will be recited at 3 p.m.
Garcia was shot while U.S. Marshalls were trying to serve a warrant, officials with Texas DPS said.
3News reached out to the U.S. Marshals Service, who confirmed that Texas Rangers are now investigating this shooting.
It is still unclear what the warrant was for and the moments that led up to the shooting. The shooting is still under investigation and as we learn more, we'll be sure to keep you updated.
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Beeville man confesses to killing high school students' livestock in Mathis
- Here's one spooky display in Corpus Christi you don't want to miss
- Coastal Bend residents gather for women's rights rally, voicing concerns regarding abortion laws
- Health officials confirm COVID-19 related death of boy under 10 years old in Nueces County
- Prisoner transport bus overturns near George West, several injuries reported
- Why it's more important than ever to get the flu shot this year
- Grab the family! CC Movie Nights at Whataburger Field is back