CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — An emergency road closure is in place on N. Tancuhua St. due to a massive sinkhole caused by a waterline break.
A city crew has been on site working on the hole located on North Tancahua St. between Lipan and Comanche.
Repairs are expected to take seven days, dependent upon the weather., city officials said.
"When you have a water main break it was a 12 inch cast-iron pipe," said Corpus Christi Director of Water Systems Wesley Nebgen. "It will really roll the soil out of the hole and bring it to the surface, and that's what happened in this case."
They are advising motorists to use alternative routes in order to avoid delays, follow posted signs and be aware of the work zone.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Conservative leader sues to remove Mark Gonzalez as Nueces County District Attorney
- TAMU-CC Family Nurse Practitioner program ranked No. 1 in the nation
- For visually impaired children, beeping eggs can help bring inclusiveness to Easter tradition
- Restoring the Ritz Theatre to its 1929 charm
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email email@example.com, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.