CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — When it comes to responding to an emergency in south Texas the team with HALO-Flight knows every minute counts.
The air ambulance service is celebrating almost 35 years of service to the area.
Monday, golfers hit the green to help raise funds for HALO Flight's life saving mission. The Flights of Angels Golf Tournament was put on by Flint Hills resources, and brought out some 200 plus golfers.
As competitors made their way to each hole they also got to enjoy some amazing food.
"The funds we receive go directly into providing safe transportation for our patients throughout south Texas," said Tom Klassen, CEO of HALO flight.
Kenneth Soto, owner of Onyx Engineering said that making sure residents have the proper support can mean all the difference.
"You never know when you are going to be in that situation that you need that support, we talk about it within our company, great they are here," Soto said.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Whataburger offers free breakfast to teachers this Teacher Appreciation Week
- Freer rattlesnake handler dies from bite at Rattlesnake Roundup
- What would you do? Video footage from southside carwash shows man recording woman without her knowledge
- Hamlin Fountain & Gifts set to close after 62 years of business
- Spanish explorer traveling the world by Jet Ski makes stop in Rockport
- Brandon Portillo, man accused of causing crash that killed CCPD officer, found guilty
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.