INGLESIDE, Texas — Ingleside ISD updated their dress code policy to state that all backpacks must be clear beginning in the 2022-2023 school year.
"Safety is a top priority for Ingleside ISD and is on the forefront of concern for school districts across Texas and our Nation," a statement from the district said. "The Board of Trustees unanimously approved a Dress Code Policy Update which will require clear backpacks for all students during the 2022-2023 school year."
Mesh backpacks will not be permitted. The backpack has to be fully clear to be acceptable, the district's website said. Colored transparent backpacks will be acceptable as long as staff can see through the bag. Bags can have mesh pockets.
You can view the full policy here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Mary Carroll High School alumni say goodbye to the old campus, "Once a Tiger, always a Tiger"
- High temperatures in Texas affect marine life as the water heats up
- CCISD looking to introduce new gun detecting technology into schools
- 'You're going to be held accountable': Two arrested for posting threat toward Aransas County schools
- Family waits months to receive death certificate from NuCo Medical Examiner's Office
- 'Incredibly emotional': Corpus Christi father, daughter funeral service workers on front lines in Uvalde
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
- Coastal Bend Pride Center continues to grow their efforts and resources
- Uvalde victim had her heart set on attending Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. They're now setting up a scholarship in her name.