CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Ingleside Police Department was on the scene searching a property on Baywood Drive within the city of Ingleside Wednesday evening.
Tammy Burr, Chief of Police for Ingleside, confirmed to 3NEWS that the property was being searched in reference to the 2017 case of a missing person.
"Executed a search warrant at this address. It is in relation to the missing person's case from 2017," Burr said. "It's an ongoing investigation and we are still in the midst of searching, therefore we have no other information to release at this time."
Burr did not specifically state which case it was. However, 3NEWS did confirm that the only missing person's case in Ingleside during 2017, was that of Melissa Garrett, who was last seen during Hurricane Harvey, almost 5 years ago.
Garrett's family say they last saw her on August 24th, the day before Hurricane Harvey hit. Chief Burr said since she took over the chief's job she's been looking into some of the department's unsolved cases and this one was one that called for more action.
Wednesday's investigation focused on an area behind the home.
The department also used hounds to search the area as well.
The police chief could not say if anything was discovered during the search but said she would provide an update in the days ahead.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- What's the difference between a landspout and supercell tornado?
- Emergency crews rescue worker from water tower on Carmel Pkwy.
- Why are there so many dragonflies all of a sudden?
- New Carroll High School missing school zones along Saratoga Boulevard
- 'Bad decision': Corpus Christi attorney arrested for human smuggling says he gave ride to hitchhikers
- CCISD works to control increase of fire ants being seen, felt on school grounds because of recent rain
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.